Wednesday, October 6, 2010

A Lobster Mushroom Tomato Bisque

Big Juicy Lobster Mushrooms
Today was a perfect Fall day. Clear skies, still and warm. This is the time of the year when guys go out into the forests on Saltspring and Vancouver Island and come back to sell Chanterelle and Lobster Mushrooms from the back of their trucks. So at lunch time I saw some Lobster Mushrooms for sale and bought a clutch wondering what to do with them tonight. ( I'm having trouble with positioning the pictures in sequence tonight so just follow the numbers.)
Ingredients sans the sherry
2:Add the sliced mushrooms with some white pepper and gently cook for about 10 minutes till soft
1:Saute leeks, shallots and celery in 8 tablespoons of olive oil
3: add the stock and simmer for a few minutes
4: divide the soup and blend the one half then mix the two together and serve after heating gently ......not to bubble and boil!!!
5: Serve however you want but I think a simple Naan bread or toasted pita with lashings of melted butter would be very nice.
These large, firm mushrooms are perfect for soups so I decided on a tomato bisque with cream. This is my version of a recipe that I found. The quantities are as shown on the pictures and I used 3 cups of vegetable stock with a dash of Pale Dry Sherry at the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment